Back to it and 16:8

So I've been doing kettle bell swings on and off since January and recently I set myself another goal of 50-100 swings a day (1 or 2 sets of 50 reps) with the 6kg kettle bell. No pressure to do 100, only if time allows. This is in addition to a new diet I haven't tried, 16:8, which I am finding relatively easy as I never used to eat breakfast. However, I am doing 18:6 as this is more natural for me. Peer pressure and do-gooders saying I must have breakfast made me cave in, so for the last 3 or so years, I have had breakfast. Not any more, I am taking control of my life. Hopefully, I can keep up the weight loss. I am a pretty slow loser so have reduced my calorie intake to around 1,000. Recommended cals for me is 1528 minus 20% = 1244 cals. I am not being too strict about it. I am trying to cut out sugar and sweeteners, my main culprit is sugar-free squash and low calorie pop. I am eating bread, pasta and potatoes but not every day. My main substitute is cauliflower rice which surprisingly is very good and goes really well with curry. I am not a great cook so unfortunately this is tinned. I have also discovered that I really like sweet potato in the air fryer prepared with oil and herbs. I am still having a large Sunday roast dinner but this doesn't seem to affect my loss too much and I am eating very little on the night which hopefully balances it out.

5 Week Weight Loss Results:   6.8lbs
Week 1    3.2lbs
Week 2    +0.4 lbs
Week 3    2.4 lbs
Week 4    1.8 lbs
Week 5    +0.2 lbs

Week 6 is looking good so far with 2lbs lost but the weekend to go, so could change. There does seem to be a pattern here though of weight loss one week, a small gain the following week and then weight loss again. Time will tell. Just realised I did a 20:4 by accident due to mum's hospital appointment, that can only be good news.

It's June now so trying to work out how long this will take in theory. 6 weeks half a stone, 12 weeks 1 stone, 24 weeks 2 stone. 24 weeks minus 6 weeks already done = 18 weeks more = approx. 4.5 months = October/November. Wish I could lose quicker.
😔
On the plus side, if I could lose around 2lbs a week this could be around August time. Fingers crossed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 Fat Loss Journey

Injured Lower Back from Kettlebell Swings

Rest Days and a New Week 3